- Multi-Award Nominated Training
- Internationally Recognised Qualification
- 0% Finance Available
- Unlimited Free Re-sits
Start your Yoga Career with OriGym's Online Yoga Teacher Training
Launch your career in Yoga with OriGym's multi-award nominated online yoga teacher training.
Whether you’re looking to expand your existing fitness business or looking to embark on a new career as a yoga professional, OriGym's online yoga instructor courses has everything you need to become a teacher of the highest quality.
You will learn how to deliver innovative sessions both in class format and for one-to-one clients, as well as all the asanas mediation and methods and techniques needed to be an expert teacher.
OriGym offers both an online Level 3 yoga diploma and Level 4 yoga speciality qualification, which you can combine together to get a discount and specialise in a particular jurisdiction of yoga, whether that’s Nidra, Bikram through to ashtanga or hatha.
More fitness professionals trust OriGym with their training than any other provider, so what are you waiting for? Drop us an enquiry today or feel free Download our FREE Course Prospectus to find out more on our Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Online with Practical workshops
4 months (Average)
Make an enquiry about this course
Internationally Recognised Yoga Teacher Training
OriGym's online yoga instructor course can be completed all in your own time in the comfort of your own at a pace and timeframe suitable to you.
You will study via our award nominated learning platform, which is a custom built and fully interactive, optimised for your learning experience. Learn through videos, online lectures, e-learning, e-books, quizzes and assignments.
With the yoga instructor course (online) you will have access to round the clock support from our dedicated team of established yoga teachers at head office, 7 days per week through email, interactive chat support and phone bookings.
Course Length: The Online Yoga teacher training certification is studied at a pace and timeframe suitable to you and your commitments. There is a 2-year maximum time limit to ascertain the qualification, but on average it takes between 3-4 months to complete.
Entry Requirements: There are no qualification requirements, however, students must be aged 16+ to enrol.
Accreditations: The online Yoga Instructor Course is accredited by CIMSPA.
Cost: £999. There are no hidden fees with OriGym, therefore exams and re-sits are free, and we do not add any admin or certification charges.
Offer & Payment Options: 0% Interest finance is available and be spread up to 12 months.
What You’ll Qualify With: On successful completion of this course, you will qualify with:
- 10 CIMSPA points
- Ofqual regulated Level 3 Diploma in Yoga
Here are a few useful resources from the OriGym blog to do with the Level 3 diploma in teaching yoga that you may find useful:
How You Will Learn
Both the Level 3 and Level 4 yoga online teacher training are studied via blended learning, which perfectly combines the freedom of learning online with the essential practical skills needed to be a yoga instructor.
Upon enrolling onto the online yoga instructor teacher training, you will be able to start the course within 48 hours of paying your deposit.
You will learn via our multi-award nominated learning platform, which is fully interactive with built in chat box where you can communicate with either our tutor of customer service support if you need help. Additionally, our tutor support is available 7 days per week, longer than any other company via phone bookings, email or chat box.
You will study the theory components of the online yoga course using a host of top-quality resources including:
- Interactive e-learning
- Online Lectures
- Interactive Assessments & Quizzes
As you progress through the learning modules, you will then be able to attend practical workshops that run on the weekend. Our expert led practical workshops are taught in small groups where you put into practice the practical elements of the course and get the opportunity to gain feedback from our highly qualified tutor team. Additionally, you will be able to attend an assessment preparation day, where you will be able to practice the assessment prior to booking in for your real assessment.
How You Will Be Assessed
With the online yoga instructor qualification, you will have to complete both theoretical and practical based assessments.
The theory assessments can be completed in the comfort of your own home via our award nominated learning platform. The practical assessments will run from our National Training Centres and run every couple of months per location and can be booked via our booking’s platform located on our learning platform.
Online Yoga Course Assessments:
- Anatomy & Physiology - Assignments and online exam (Open book - Multiple choice)
- Principles of Exercise and Health - Assignments and online exam (Open book - Multiple choice)
- The moving body - Assignments and online exam (Open book - Multiple choice)
- Support clients - Assignments
- Applying Philosophy - Case Study and Practical
- Plan and deliver a meditation session - Case Study and Practical
Careers & Progression
After completing the yoga teacher training (online) you will be eligible to gain insurance as a certified yoga instructor and begin your journey into the fitness sector.
At OriGym we will not just help you gain your online yoga certification; we will help you actually get your yoga career off the ground through our post-course support team.
Our post-course team can help you with your CV, distribute it to our network of partners in your location and even guarantee an interview post course with a studio in your area. Additionally, if you need business support OriGym has a dedicated resource hub of useful articles, videos and downloadable resources that you can harness for your own business.
After finishing your yoga teacher course online, you can expand your career and earning potential through a range of further qualifications such as Level 3 in Personal Training, Level 3 in Sports Massage Therapy or a range of Level 4 master courses like Nutrition or Lower Back Pain Management. Additionally, you can package any of those qualifications with your online yoga diploma and work towards them simultaneously.
Upon qualifying with OriGym you will unlock a whole host of additionally benefit through our dedicated student alumni. You will get access to dozens of discounts that can help and support your yoga career including web design, fitness software, accountancy, marketing to name just a few.
What will you learn:
With the yoga teacher training online qualification you will study over 400 hours worth of content of both theory and practical.
See the online yoga course modules below:
Unit 1 - Anatomy physiology and kinesiology for exercise and health:
The aim of this unit is to develop learner knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology of the human body and how this relates to exercise and health, including postural and core stability.
- The Skeletal System
- The muscular system
- The nervous system
- The life-course of the musculoskeletal system and its implications for special populations
- The respiratory system
- The circulatory system
- The energy system
Unit 2 - Principles of health and wellbeing for exercise, fitness and health:
The aim of this unit is to develop knowledge and understanding of the key principles of exercise, fitness and health, including the components, principles and variables of fitness, the health and benefits of physical activity, and the importance of healthy eating.
- Components of fitness
- Health benefits of physical activity
- Effects or exercise on the body
- Resistance training
- Warm up and cool down
- Principles and variables of fitness in an exercise programme
- Monitoring exercise intensity
- Contraindications to exercise and key safety guidelines for special populations
- Importance of healthy eating
Unit 3 – Know how to support clients’ lifestyle management and enhance client motivation for exercise and physical activity
The aim of this unit is to develop knowledge and understanding of how to develop effective working relationships with clients, how to provide ongoing customer services, and how to support clients to adhere to exercise/physical activity.
- Supporting Clients who take part in yoga:
- Forming effective working relationships with clients
- Supporting clients to adhere to exercise/physical activity
- Addressing barriers to exercise / yoga that clients experience
Unit 4 - Understanding and Applying the Philosophy of Yoga
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the history and philosophy of yoga and its practical application.
- Expand and deepen your understanding of yoga, its sutras and its history
- Learn the paths to yoga and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Learn about yogic psychology and how the mind functions
- Explore the ancient yogic text & scriptures and how this connects to modern yoga
- Meditation and mantra. Mudras, bandhas and kriyas.
- Branches of yoga and chakras
Unit 5 – Yoga: The Moving Body
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding required when understanding how the body works, the breathing body, the energetic body and the historical progression of yoga.
- Understanding muscle activation in a variety of holds and poses.
- How to support clients to progress into advanced poses.
- Breathing techniques, including thoracic, clavicular and diaphragmatic breathing.
- Posture and body positioning
- Progressive exercise programming
Unit 6 - Planning and Delivering Yoga Classes:
This unit aims to develop skills and knowledge a learner requires in all aspects of lesson planning.
- Collecting client information
- Planning a safe and effective yoga class
- Preparing a yoga class
- Instructional skills and client communication for a yoga class
- Demonstrate a range of asanas and sequences
- Produce a Scheme of work for a beginner’s course, (minimum 6 weeks) to include aims and ILOs, teaching methods
- Produce a course plan showing progression from simple to complex in asana and breath work; showing progression from gross to subtle in relaxation techniques and themes
Unit 7 - Planning Professional Practice with Effective Consultations and Assessments for Group Training Sessions
The aim of this unit is to develop knowledge and understanding in collecting and using participant’s information in order to, plan a safe and effective group training session.
- Understanding yoga insurance
- Importance of maintaining CPD Training
- setting up a room / class correctly
- Spotting and supporting clients efficiently
- Communicating via the correct language
- How to support both groups and individuals
Unit 8 - Instructing Professional Practice and Effective Exercise Supervision in Group Training Sessions
The aim of this unit is to develop learner’s knowledge and understanding when providing group training sessions. The learner will be able to instruct a group training session to multiple participants and bring the session to an end and help improve participant’s performance and provide reflection and support to participants.
- How to conduct yourself professionally to more than one participant including voice projection, music choice and temperature control.
- How to review yoga sessions with clients
- How to self-evaluate your teaching performance
- How to provide instructional cues and teaching points
- How to use additional training aids including straps and blocks
- How to deal with common conditions encountered in a yoga class
If you have paid in full, via finance or you have paid off your in-house payment plan, your certificates will be sent to you via email upon completion within 4 weeks. If you are on an in-house payment plan, but still have payments outstanding your certificates are only sent once you have cleared the remainder of the balance.
No, qualifications are for life. Sometimes there are industry wide updates that come from Ofqual, who set standards across the vocational sector, but this does not mean that you need to re-sit your qualification, you simply may not need to complete the missing modules.
yoga qualifications are assessed through a combination of online theoretical examinations that are open book, coursework and assignments and a final practical based assessment. This structure of assessment is the same for both the Level 3 and Level 4 in Yoga.
In order to enrol on the online Level 3 yoga course, you do not need any pre-requisite to enrol onto the course. If, however, you wanted to start the Level 4 diploma, you would need to have completed the Level 3 first, which is why it is very common that students purchase these qualifications together at a discounted rate.
For both the Level 3 and Level 4 yoga qualifications, the length of time they take to complete is dependent on you as an individual. It depends on how much study time you put into completing the course, your past and previous knowledge of yoga, your academic ability and ultimately how much time you put into the course. To give you an average it takes the average person 16 weeks to qualify.
Yes, OriGym offers 0% finance so you can spread the cost of the online certificate in yoga on a 0% interest basis, with no guarantor required. Only a small deposit is required to jump onto a course and the rest you can spread the remainder into small manageable payments on any of OriGym's individualised and package courses.
UNRIVALLED CAREER SUPPORT
Upon qualifying from the yoga instructor course online you will get help with your CV, we will send it off to our network of corporate partners and get you an interview right after qualifying.
OriGym has a dedicated support hub of free resources that you can use for your yoga business, as well as useful guides and videos.
Upon completing the yoga teacher training online, you will get instant access to student alumni which has discounts on things such as insurance, yoga software, accountancy, website design and much more.
Gold Yoga Teacher Package
- Level 3 Diploma in Yoga Instructing
- Level 4 Diploma in Yoga Instructing
Yoga & Advanced Nutrition Package
- Level 3 Diploma in Yoga Instructing
- Level 4 Diploma in Yoga Instructing
- Level 4 Nutrition in Weight Management & Athletic Performance
- Hydration for Sport CPD
- Business & Marketing CPD
You can spread the cost of your home study yoga teacher training into small manageable payments all on a 0% interest basis.
There is no guarantor required in order for you to jump onto your desired payment plan
OriGym's online yoga instructor certification is one of the lowest in the industry, giving you access to quality training at a genuinely affordable price.