- 0% Interest Finance
- Regulated by Ofqual
- Unlimited Free Exam Resits
- Tutor Support 7 Days a Week
Become a Sports Nutritionist
Developed by OriGym’s in-house nutrition experts, the Level 4 Advanced Sports Nutrition qualification will expand your knowledge of how diet and nutrition contribute to health and weight management.
On completion of this course, you will know how to write specialist nutrition plans to help individuals reach specific goals, and be in a position to offer nutrition advice to clients. Our accredited qualification allows you to work with both athletes and members of the general public, and qualifies you to earn one of top salaries within the fitness industry.
This is a 100% online advanced nutrition course, allowing you to work at your own pace without any deadlines, and qualify in as little as 12 weeks.
12 weeks (Average)
Make an enquiry about this course
Specialist Personal Trainer Course Package
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- 10 CPDs
- Individual RRP:
Free Gift! Your Choice of one of the following:
- Level 3 Sports Massage (RRP £1299)
- Level 3 Yoga Diploma (RRP £899)
- Level 4 Nutrition Diploma (RRP £999).
- Individual RRP:
The Advanced Trainer Package
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 4 Nutrition in Weight Management & Athletic Performance
- Level 4 Obesity Control and Weight Management Course
- Individual RRP:
- Advanced Training Systems CPD
- Advanced Periodisation CPD
- Medicine Ball Training CPD
- Postural Analysis CPD
- Body Weight Training CPD
- Suspension Training CPD
- Individual RRP:
OriGym’s Level 4 Advanced Nutrition course can expand your existing knowledge of health and nutrition or act as an introduction to an exciting new career!
Whether you want to work with professional athletes or members of the general public, this qualification will equip you with the skills experience needed to create meals plans that cater to different fitness goals.
Course Length: All learning takes place on our award nominated e-learning platform the “Student Zone”. You can work through this course at your own pace with the average time of completion being 12 weeks.
Entry Requirements: There’s no prerequisites for starting our nutrition course but you’ll have to be at least 16 years old to enrol.
Accreditations: Our Level 4 Nutrition course is regulated by Ofqual and awarded by Focus Awards.
Cost: The full price of the course is £999 which includes everything from unlimited resits, certification, and other administrative costs.
Offer & Payment Options: As with all of our courses, you can spread the cost without paying any interest by setting up a flexible payment plan.
What You’ll Qualify With: Focus Awards Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance.
What You'll Learn
Whether you’re working with the average gym-goer, professional athletes, or sedentary office workers, you can help everyone improve their health and lifestyle with our nutrition course.
OriGym’s Level 4 Nutrition course has been created with this in mind, teaching you how to adapt your advice to different types of clients in order to start a lucrative career in the fitness industry!
Macros and Micros
- Understand macro and micronutrients along with their sources, uses, and their physiological functions
- The components of energy consumption and expenditure to help clients lose weight or boost performance accordingly
- Levels of energy, hydration, and nutrition required at different stages of life
- The relationship between diet and disease
Understanding Nutritional Legislation
- Learn about the legal requirements involved in making health and nutrition claims as a fitness professional
- Assessing the legislative requirements for specific food labels and what they might mean for clients
Understand the Relationship Between Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Learn how to identify the amount of energy used for different physical activities and the nutrients needed to support them
- How to adjust energy requirements as fitness regimes and physical activity develops
- Develop a nutrition plan and strategy for clients to boost their athletic performance
- Nutritional information about performance-enhancing products and sports drinks in nutritional planning to support certain sports and fitness activities
- How to then deliver this information as bespoke advice and plans for individual clients and their performance
Plus, Specialist Knowledge of:
- Nutrition for athletes and sports professionals
- Nutrition for the elderly and special populations
- Meal planning and preparation
- Preventing obesity in children and young people
- Nutrition for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
How You’ll Be Assessed
Our Level 4 Nutrition training course includes multiple online assessments, exams and coursework assignments. These all take place on our e-learning platform “Student Zone” and can be completed at a pace that suits you!
These are the assessments you’ll have to complete for your Level 4 Advanced Sports Nutrition course:
- Submit a case study of work - Pass required
- Complete online nutrition course assignments for both units - Pass required
- Online nutrition exam - 90% Pass rate required
Our experienced team of tutors will be on hand to ensure your assessments are stress-free, providing you with as much support as possible to pass the first time around!
Our nutrition courses are based online and taught entirely via our “Student Zone”, an award-nomindated e-learning platform. This custom-built platform is made up of a range of resources including videos, online lectures and interactive materials.
You’ll also have unlimited access to the support of our expert tutoring team, who are here 7 days a week. Our tutor availability ensures you'll be able to get instant answers to your questions, even if you prefer to study on weekends or weekday evenings. You can reach a tutor by phone, email, or live chat - whichever you prefer!
Studying online means you can work at your own pace, without any deadlines. This makes our online nutrition courses perfect for anybody looking to study flexibily around their existing commitments.
Careers & Progression
When you complete our online sports nutrition courses you’ll be ready to provide nutritional advice and bespoke meal plans for a whole range of health and fitness clients.
There’s huge earning potential when you combine nutrition with personal training but whichever direction you take, our post-course support team will be on hand to guide you towards success.
After the course finishes you’ll get continued support from our dedicated team of experts, who can provide: :
- Unlimited free access to business and marketing modules on our e-learning platform
- CV reviews
- CV distribution to the most popular gyms and fitness centres
- Mock interviews
- Guaranteed interviews with some of our partners such as JD Gyms and PureGym
One of the most popular and lucrative career developments for nutritionists is to complete a diploma in personal training. This will allow you to offer clients a full health and fitness regime, to potentially double your regular income.
You can also specialise in certain health conditions and demographics with our Level 3 Exercise Referral course.
No, to enrol on the Level 4 Advanced Sports Nutrition course, you simply need to be aged 16 or over.
The Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Nutrition for Sport & Exercise covers all of the essential knowledge required for students to achieve excellence in the nutrition field, covering themes including macros and micros, nutrition legislation, the relationship between nutrition, exercise, and health, meal prep and planning, obesity prevention and more.
Completing our Level 4 online nutrition course will mean you'll be able to work with individuals designing meal plans and giving a range of nutritional advice. You will be equipped to work with anyone from professional athletes to regular gym-goers as well as specialist populations such as children, the elderly, and people with physical disabilites.
You can work freelance, work as a PT specialising in nutrition with further qualifications, or have your own independent business so you've got some lucrative and exciting options!
Yes - dietician is a legally protected title and as such people who use it need to have a particular kind of advanced degree and be a member of a few different bodies.
Our course will equip you to plan diet plans and give nutritional advice but you won't be able to prescribe this advice in a medical capacity.
To find out more check out our article: What's the Difference Between a Nutritionist and a Dietician?
Our course is awareded by Focus Awards and regulated by Ofqual, so you can rest assured that this qualification is of the highest standard in the industry. This regulations means all of our qualifications are fully recognised by employers and fitness industry professionals.
Our expert tutors are here to help 7 days a week. You can reach them by phone, email, or live chat!
Once you qualify you'll get unlimited post-course support including guaranteed job interviews.
Graduates of our online nutrition courses get access to our business and marketing hub for continued career support!
You can spread the cost of our accredited nutrition course with 0% interest payments!
Our payment plans are designed to adapt to your needs so you can focus on enjoying your learning!
Our sports nutrition course starts from £999 with the option of package deals also available.