Interested in PFA Funding For Personal Trainer Courses?
If you’re looking for a change of career into personal training and you have been a former or current professional footballer, you can receive funding from the Players Football Association (PFA) to help you pay for the personal trainer course and certification.
OriGym partners with the PFA as a recognised provider of fitness courses to enable former professionals who are looking to become a personal trainer to make a quick and easy transition into the fitness industry.
The process is really simple and unlike other personal trainer course funding avenues, and is actually very simple. First things first, contact OriGym to establish the study method you wish to learn via, either full time, personally tutored or an online gym instructor or personal trainer course. After a quick screening call to assess whether you are valid for PFA funding for personal trainer courses, OriGym will put you in touch with the PFA to apply for the relevant funding stream. The amount of funding and contribution from the PFA depends on your current status of employment and whether or not you are currently playing or not, here is a breakdown on how it works for PFA funding for fitness qualifications:
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN EMPLOYMENT OR PLAYING FOOTBALL PROFESSIONALLY:
- You will be entitled to having half of your course paid for you from the PFA.
- The PFA will contribute half up to £1,500 per annum towards your personal trainer course
- The course must initially be paid by yourself. Once certificate of achievement has been acquired, you can get a rebate on half of the monies paid towards your course if within the £1,500 allowance.
- If you purchase a personal training course that costs over the £1,500 allowance by the PFA you will have to fund the difference yourself.
IF YOU ARE A FORMER PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER AND ARE NOT IN ANY FORM OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You will be entitled to have the entire personal trainer course funded through the PFA if under the £1,500 allowance.
- The amount will be paid from the PFA to the training provider on your behalf.
- If the personal training course is above the £1,500 allowance you will have to fund the difference yourself.
- Contact the PFA direct or OriGym can put you through to the right person and you will fill in a form for personal trainer course funding.
- You will be asked to document your non employment status to prove you are valid for full personal training course funding
- This method can take a few weeks for funding to be provided from the PFA to the training provider before commencement onto the personal training course can commence.
OriGym offers all PFA registered applicants whether they are entitled to full funding or part funding a discount on all fitness qualifications and deliberately price our personal trainer courses within the £1,500 allowance for PFA registered members to enable you to pay as little as possible so you can become a personal trainer.
Payments can be spread on 0% interest basis and if you are currently playing we have tailored a special package exclusive to PFA members that is completely flexible around training and matches so that you can fully benefit from the personal trainer course.
Further career support and help finding employment after you have completed your personal trainer course is available and our highly qualified team would be happy to help.
To find out more about PFA Funding for Personal Trainer Courses and to see if you are eligible fill out the short form below and speak with an Origym fitness professional today.